Thursday, November 22, 2007

Savory Sweet Potatoe Fries w/ self explanatory Deluxe Veggie Burger


(Sweet Potatoe Fries have been Julienned, lightly coated w/Olive oil, fresh savory, salt & pepper and baked at 400 degrees until slightly golden brown)

(Burger fixin's: Lettuce, tomatoe, basil, mustard, onion, goat cheese) The Burger is self explanatory because it's just a patty with fixin's and buns, straight forward you know.

So I thought I would indulge in a little comfort'esque' food. I call this meal comfort'esque' because it's not the traditional burger and fries, but it has that quality of comfort food, except with a touch of a livelier, fresh spin. Dead set on being anti-traditional, I'm using sweet potatoes instead of russett potatoes and a veggie burger patty instead of beef, the fries are baked, the patty is grilled, the mustard I've used doesn't contain any preservatives and the buns are made of Kamut. I think this would give any place serving veggie burgers a run for their money. The Patty I didn't make myself, but I would have if I had a bit more time today. I've never made a veggie patty from scratch. I'm sure it's easy but I have my heart set on making a veggie patty from this cookbook. I've had the Deluxe Veggie Burger at Fresh and I must say, that was the veggie burger which converted me to hop on the veggie burger bandwagon. I'll have to do another post in the future showcasing how my homemade veggie burgers turned out.

No comments: