
I've been dying to make tiny tarts like these for the longest while, but never had the time. I decided to sample an oil based pastry recipe from this wonderful blog. The author of that blog is a veteran in the kitchen whereas I am a budding novice. You should see the desserts she makes. The crust turned out quite well considering this was my first attempt at this recipe. As for the filling, I originally planned for apples. But I wanted to use up my blueberries and cranberries before they went bad. I guess depending on the size of tart pan, you might have an excess of dough...like I did. I generously filled up the sides with quite a bit of crust but I think I could have squeezed 6-7, 4" tart shells out of this recipe. I think I'll try this crust again using brown rice flour.
Pastry
1 cup Amaranth Flour
1/2 cup quinoa flour
1/4 cup almond meal
1/3 cup xylitol
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup cold water
Pastry makes approx 5-6, 4" tarts
Mix and let sit for 1 hr at room temperature. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out and place pastry in tart pans.
Filling
1/2 tbsp applesauce per tarte (approx 1/4 cup applesauce)
1 cup of Fresh Blueberries and Cranberries
Fill tart shells with applesauce and place berries on top.
Glaze & Garnish
1/2 tbsp tapioca starch
1 tbsp water
3 tbsp agave syrup
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp lemon juice
dash of cinnamon
2 tbsp chopped pecans for garnish (or more, depending on your preference)
Combine tapioca starch w/ water. Add agave, honey, lemon juice, dash of cinnamon. Or if you are unable to get ahold of agave syrup use 3 tbsp honey instead.
Using a pastry brush, spread glaze over berries and tartshell crust. Sprinkle each tart with a bit of chopped pecans.
Bake for 28-30mins, until crust is golden brown and filling is caramelized and begins to bubble.
Monday, November 26, 2007
Blueberry Cranberry Tarts
Posted by Mireille
Labels: Dairy Free Desserts, Gluten-Free Desserts, Refined Sugar-Free Desserts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment