
Ahh, puns, don't you just love them? Well, I just couldn't help myself, although I will try to keep them to a minimum.
These are exciting times we live in, exciting. I am attempting a few gluten-free baking projects! Why might you ask? Just a personal baking challenge. I am trying to provide myself with baking alternatives to wheat products. In order to get my feet wet, I chose to make my first project a simple and light one, gluten free cookies. I have finally gotten around to making my first batch and, my oh my, if Paradise were to have an aroma...it would smell like these cookies!!! Such a contrast to my University days of pre-packaged, processed, "on the go" goods. Mom would be proud...and my Naturopath...even prouder. When I'm more versed with gluten free baking, I do plan to play around with this recipe in the future and possibly even modify it. Well, it's time to share...
Nutty-nut cookies
1 1/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup shredded coconut
3 tbsp almond cashew butter (or any nut butter of your preference)
2 tbsp hemp oil
1/4 cup brown rice syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp ginger powder
Combine all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, ensuring that all ingredients have been blended well. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Seperate cookie dough into 1 inch balls and place 1 1/2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Depress cookie portions down to 1/2 inch. Bake for 22-26mins. Let cool and set for 10mins and store.
Makes 1 dozen cookies.
Monday, October 22, 2007
Nut your ordinary cookie.
Posted by Mireille
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment